Drop In Childcare
Peachtree Road United Methodist Church
Peachtree Road’s Drop-In Childcare Specialists love God’s Ministry and are dedicated to providing exceptional care for children 2 months to 6 years old. Our childcare specialists offer age appropriate activities in a loving and safe environment. Hours are Monday – Friday from 8:45 to 1:15.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervise and monitor the safety of children
- Prepare and organize mealtimes and snacks
- Follow schedules and routines to ensure children have enough physical activity, rest and playtime
- Change diapers and clothes, assist with potty training and/or help children maintain good hygiene
- Ability to lead, comfort and engage children from infants to 6 year olds
- Communicate appropriately and respectfully with children, parents, volunteers and staff.
- Adhere to all safety and sanitary standards
- Model and teach respectful behavior and good manners
- Attend professional development, CPR and First Aid training provided by Drop In yearly
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED. Prefer at least one year experience in childcare setting
- Physically able to lift up to 50 pounds and be active (including squatting, bending over and sitting on the floor) with children
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications are a plus, however, we can provide that training
Competencies and Behaviors
At PRUMC, we are a team that challenges each other to grow in a collaborative and productive environment. Commitment to our mission means we approach all that we do with a prayerful and faithful frame of mind. We are dedicated to showing respect, care, and compassion to children, parents, staff and the larger congregation.
- Ability to remain calm under stress
- Patience to handle multiple children and their needs
- Loving and compassionate attitude
Position Structure and Level
Childcare Specialist reports to the Director and/or Assistant Director of Drop In. Compensation includes hourly wage and bonuses. This is a long term, flexible, part-time position with a three month probationary period.
Please submit your resume to Michele Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (404) 240-8269 for more information.