Current Career Opportunities
Please see below for current opportunities available at Peachtree Road United Methodist Church.
COORDINATOR OF CONNECTIONS AND COMMUNITY
Peachtree Road United Methodist Church (PRUMC) – Westside Campus
Peachtree Road United Methodist Church is creating a second campus in Westside Atlanta that will officially launch in September of 2020. This campus, which will live out PRUMC’s mission to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world, will do so with a vision for building and strengthening relationships that make a difference– with God, with one another and with the city of Atlanta.
The Coordinator of Connections and Community is a part-time position (20 to 25 hours per week; presence on Sunday required) and will be the first position hired by the Campus Minister. This role is integral in building community by making connections through personal relationship building, strategic communications, administration, identifying leaders and developing pathways for discipleship and service on the Westside.
The successful candidate will be creative, entrepreneurial and committed to a vision of building a Christian community that is compelling to new generations in Westside Atlanta and surrounding communities.
Please send cover letter and resume to Daniel Ogle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop a strategy to meet, connect and introduce potential members to the Westside campus of Peachtree Road.
- Help plan, develop and deliver outreach initiatives for people who have not connected with traditional church ministries.
- Identify volunteer leadership opportunities
- Lead and advise volunteers
- Coordinate member events that facilitate friendships and building community
- Welcome new guests. Connect with new guests before and after outreach events and worship service, introduce them to other members and invite them to upcoming events.
- Guide new members. Help new members find ways to connect with other members, education offerings and volunteer opportunities.
- Will provide leadership for developing a strategic plan for building and leveraging digital resources and platforms to connect with members of Westside and surrounding communities.
- Responsible for all internal and external communications. Including but not limited to:
-Weekly member communications
-Social Media and Website Management
-Publishing marketing materials
-Advertising Events and Outreach: emails, mailers, Evites, social media
- Support the Campus Minister’s administrative needs. Examples of this could be setting up meetings, planning events, entering and managing member data and reporting, and research projects.
- Collaborate with Peachtree Road United Methodist staff as needed: Facilities, Communications, Outreach, IT, HR, Children & Youth Ministry, etc.
- Coordinate & Purchase all materials needed for Westside Campus.
Required Education and Experience
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in ministry, public relations, communications, marketing, social work, anthropology, business or liberal arts. Knowledge of Apple products and applications a plus.
Competencies and Behaviors
At PRUMC, we are a team that challenges each other to grow in a collaborative and productive environment. Commitment to our mission means we approach all that we do with a prayerful and faithful frame of mind. We are dedicated to showing respect, care, and compassion to the members of our staff, our larger congregation and our community.
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Outgoing with a passion to create positive connections between people
- Comfortable giving informational presentations in a group setting
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD DIVISION
The Preschool at Peachtree Road United Methodist Church (PRUMC)
The Preschool at Peachtree Road United Methodist Church is seeking an AssistantDirector of Early Childhood Division (12 – 35 months; Toddler and Twos) to commence August 1, 2020. This position is an exempt, full-time, benefit eligible, management level position. Specific hours to be determined between the employee and the Director.
Please send cover letter and resume to Andrea Petsche at email@example.com.
The essential duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the teachers and support staff to ensure that the preschool’s program and culture are optimally supportive of the physiological, cognitive, social and emotional needs of children
- Support and cultivate a culture of high standards and accountability for students, faculty and staff
With the Director, articulate and implement a comprehensive vision for the representatives that connects and holds accountable the existing program to The Preschool’s values and mission
- Support and guide the faculty as they work individually and in teams to implement effectively The Preschool’s distinctive programs
- Support the sense of community among the teachers, parents and students
- Provide appropriate responses and actions, when needed, to faculty, student and parental concerns
- Foster greater collaboration and coordination with area schools
The Assistant Director of Early Childhood Division must meet the following minimum requirements. Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, Human Development, Elementary Education or related field. Advanced degree preferred, not required. Coursework shall include the general areas of child growth and development; child, family and community relationships, infant and toddler, or child, family, community and program/curriculum.
THE ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAMS WILL:
As a part of the administrative team, assume responsibility for the total operation of the Preschool with a special focus on the Early Childhood Division (Toddler/Twos) and in keeping with the standard and philosophy as set forth by the sponsoring agency, Peachtree Road United Methodist Church.
- Participate in the Toddler/Two SACS/AdvancEd self-study and accreditation process alongside the Director and Assistant Director of Preschool Programs
- Guide the Bright from the Start licensing process alongside the Director
- Conform to health, safety and licensing regulations
- Keep all records that pertain to the administration of the school
- Supervise the management of classroom schedules, curriculum and personnel for grades Toddler and Twos
- Alongside administration, schedule the use of shared classroom space and equipment
Relationship to the Preschool Board of Directors
- Keeps Director informed of concerning important issues
- Supports the Director in establishing educational goals
- Attends Board Meetings, as requested
Reports directly to the Director of The Preschool and serves as a member of the Leadership Team
Relationship with Staff
- Works with Personnel Committee and Director to recruit, appoint, assign and train staff
- Is responsible for on-going evaluation of program and staff in grades Toddler/Twos. Serves as the direct manager of personnel in those age-levels
- Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings and one-on-ones with program staff
- Plans, implements and presides an in-service training program for staff as determined with Director
- Coordinates curriculum planning with all teachers (daily, weekly, yearly plans) that align with industry best practice
- Plans and implements procedures that lead to wholesome, professional interpersonal relationships between staff members
- Plan and implement procedures for keeping accurate classroom records, systems and processes that are align with the philosophy of The Preschool
- Works alongside the Director to establish school wide assessment and screening tools as well as conference protocol
Relationship with Parents
- Maintain an active system of parent-school relationships
- Communicate with parents in a wide variety of ways
- With the Director, plan and execute orientation of parents to school policies and procedures
- Give voice to parent education programs
- Attend parent conferences throughout the school year as necessary
- Is responsible for the health, safety and welfare of each child from arrival to departure
- Is responsible for evaluation of individual needs of children and where necessary, when it might be necessary to bring in outside consultation
- This may include referral to helping agencies but shall be discussed/decided as an interdisciplinary team
- Develop and instruct teaching units of study that will encourage social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual growth
- Promote creativity in a stimulating learning environment
- Plan for evaluation of the students in relation to their school progress, abilities and special needs
- A Christian of good character and reputation
- A person who can maintain a good working relationship with others and is team oriented
- A person who enthusiastically endorses the core values and mission of The Preschool
- A person who is committed to serve children as special creations of God
- A person who is trustworthy of confidences
Please see below for current opportunities available with our partner ministries.
RESPITE CARE ATLANTA PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Second Ponce de Leon Baptist Church
Seeking a part-time Respite Care Atlanta Program Coordinator, 20 hours, at Second- Ponce de Leon Baptist Church. Join a small staff providing care to those with mild to moderate cognitive impairment. Coordinator will learn all facets of daily operations as back-up to the director. Must have proven leadership skills as well contagious enthusiasm for working with volunteers and families. For more information and to apply for this position, please contact Wendy Liverant at firstname.lastname@example.org.