Current Career Opportunities
Children and Family Ministries Coordinator
Westside Table/Peachtree Road United Methodist Church
The Children and Family Ministries Coordinator will, envision, lead, develop and build a robust ministry that serves and disciples children and families as a part of the ministry of Westside Table. The primary purpose of this position is to help children and families develop a growing relationship with God while building and growing relationships with families, schools and partners in Northwest Atlanta. This position works in coordination with the Campus Pastor to help envision, develop and grow a diverse, Christ-centered, highly engaging and sustainable Children’s and Family ministry. If interested, please contact Julie Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and implement all children and family ministries programming, including Sunday morning experiences, group life meetings and social activities, and discipleship and service opportunities.
- Vet and select age-appropriate curriculum for children and families.
- Develop a plan to provide and staff a nursery for Sunday worship and other Westside Table events.
- Recruit and equip volunteers and volunteer leaders to assist with children and family ministries programming.
- Determine the need for, and ensure availability of facilities, supplies and equipment to support children and family programming.
- Coordinate and lead community events with neighborhood partners.
- Manage the budget for children and family programming and events at Westside Table.
- Identify and work with the Campus Pastor to find effective solutions for problem areas within the Children and Family ministry;
- Develop and maintain operational policies and practices relating to the Children’s and Family ministry program for children at Westside Table.
- Attend all team meetings in order to ensure that the direction and management of the Children’s and Family ministry program remains consistent with the overall vision for Westside Table.
- Collaborate and share best practices with PRUMC Children’s Ministry Staff.
- Other duties as assigned by the Campus Pastor
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required. Experience working with children and families required. Ability to be present on Sunday mornings and demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, build a team and grow a ministry or program.
Competencies and Behaviors
At Westside Table and PRUMC, we are a team that challenges each other to grow in a collaborative and productive environment. Commitment to our mission means we approach all that we do with a prayerful and faithful frame of mind. We are dedicated to showing respect, care, and compassion to the members of our staff and larger congregation.
Because Westside Table is a new and emerging congregation, the ideal candidate will be passionate about meeting new people, building relationships within our congregation and the community, willing to think outside the box, and skillful at nurturing and supporting children and families.
In addition, the ideal candidate is a self-starter who can plan, organize and recruit volunteers and leaders. This position requires a leader with an entrepreneurial mindset, a strong commitment to relationship building beyond the church and excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
Position Structure and Level
The Children and Family Ministries Coordinator reports to the Westside Table Campus Pastor and partners most closely with the Westside Table staff team. This is a part-time, hourly position.