Maintenance responsibilities will be needed two thirds of the time for this position. Performs maintenance repairs on electrical, plumbing, doors, locks, flooring, lights, ceilings, walls, woodwork, landscaping, moving furniture, fire systems, and alarm systems.
Event set duties will be one third of this position. The Event portion of the role is responsible for set-up, breakdown and general support for events at PRUMC. He/She must be able to work variable shift, nights and weekends as needed.
- Inspect lighting system for proper operation, replace fluorescent tubes, defective ballasts and incandescent bulbs.
- Check all exit signs and emergency lights for proper operation. Exit lights shall be lit 24 hours a day.
- Check all bathroom plumbing systems for proper operation. Repair/replace as needed.
- Check all kitchen plumbing systems and fixtures. Repair/replace as needed.
- Check the heating system. Make sure grills and filters are clean.
- Check church building structure for any defects and repair immediately if minor work is needed. Otherwise, promptly report any issue to the Facility Manager.
- Maintain church landscape such as mowing grass, if needed, trimming trees of intrusive branches and hedges, watering plants. Picking up trash on the grounds, daily.
- Ensure parking lots are free of junk, trash and garbage.
- Review event request details to determine which events require setup and when they set up/ break down.
- Ensuring event/room set ups and break down are completed accurately, safely and efficiently according to event plan and diagrams through to completion.
- Setting up and prepares all meeting spaces to include, but not limited to, tables, chairs, stages, podiums, etc., for events on site.
- Assist in audio visual set ups for the event, class or conference.
- Sets up hospitality beverage station as needed.
- Work with Event Setup Team Leader and Event Coordinator to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Demonstrated skill in carpentry work, plumbing, electrical and landscaping
- Must have the knowledge and use of basic tools in:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs. and climb high ladders. Must be safety cautious at all times
- Ability to collaborate and coordinate with church volunteers on special maintenance projects
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety proceduresEmbraces a hospitality mentality
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, chemicals, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment and MSDS.
- Work environment involves exposure to heights of 50 feet using lifts, scaffolding, and booms.
Full-time, 40 hours a week, Monday – Friday, 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm. May be required to work weekends as projects require.