Essential Job Functions
- Provide administrative support for two to three Associate Ministers and their ministry programs.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing with church volunteers and lay members.
- Prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast paced environment.
- Setup classes/meetings to include EventBrite registrations, EMS for in-house reservations of space and items required in the room that relate to each department.
- Input, update and maintain the Shelby database to include creating and updating all class registrations, Sunday school class attendees, support groups and other class or groups relating to each department.
- Maintain Financials for the accounts in each department to include check requests for outstanding bills and reimbursements/deposits as necessary.
- Organize off site trips and monthly events.
- Design and set up direct mail listings for departmental mailings.
- Work with volunteer coordinators for various support groups to set up meetings, pull reports, send out emails and organize rosters and other materials per their requests.
- Update and disseminate daily pastoral care lists.
- Create and maintain the church bus schedule. Coordinate drivers as needed.
- Work with other administrative support staff in a team effort to promote the betterment of the church and congregation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Behaviors and Competencies
At PRUMC, we are a team that challenges each other to grow in a collaborative and productive environment. Commitment to our mission means we approach all that we do with a prayerful and faithful frame of mind. We are dedicated to showing respect, care, and compassion to the members of our staff and larger congregation.
Position Structure and Level
Assistant to Associate Ministers – Rev. Carolyn Stephens and Rev. Julie Wright