The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness, a light has dawned. – Isaiah 9:2
In the bible, the story of Job, the righteous sufferer speaks of his face red with weeping and darkness on his eyelids (Job 16:16). Darkness is a metaphor for pain, hate, suffering sometimes both for ourselves and for others.
What is the opposite of darkness? Psalm 18 says “when I sit in the darkness, the Lord will be a light to me”. “I lack nothing because the Lord is my shepherd” (Psalm 23:1). And that same shepherd will leave his 99 sheep and go after that one lamb that has gone astray. (Luke 15:4).
One Lamb strives to be a light to share with the hurting, broken world. Our desire is to love our neighbor, find deeper connections with one another, support, aid and educate around the subject of mental wellness.
Nurturing Mental Wellness of Mind, Body, and Spirit
In order to normalize and destigmatize mental health concerns, the One Lamb Initiative hopes to make mental wellness an ongoing conversation.
One Lamb will delve deeply into various topics regarding mental health and provide educational resources, inspirational stories, spiritual guidance, and small group lessons.
In doing so, we hope to nurture mental wellness through a community of connection, support, and spiritual growth.
Resources provided by One Lamb Initiative
- Insights from an expert in the field explaining the signs and symptoms of a mental wellness issue
- Inspirational personal narratives from persons who have successfully addressed a mental wellness issue
- Interviews of persons who have battled a mental wellness issue
- Devotional material, prayer, and guided meditation using scripture and other inspirational texts addressing a mental wellness topic
- Practices that help boost mental wellness