- Prince Charles was the first child to witness his mother’s coronation as Sovereign.
- A total of 8,251 guests attended The Queen’s Coronation ceremony at Westminster Abbey.
- 129 nations and territories were officially represented.
- Almost 30,000 men took part in the procession:
3,600 from the Royal Navy,
16,100 from the Army and
7,000 from the RAF,
2,000 from the Commonwealth and
500 from the ‘Colonies’.
There were 6,700 reserve and administrative troops, while 1,000 officers and men of the Royal military police were bought in to assist the Metropolitan police. A further 7,000 police were drawn from 75 provincial forces.
- 12,000 armed personnel lined the procession route.
- The coronation route took two hours to complete: The return route was designed so that the procession could be seen by as many people in London as possible.
- The 4.5 mile route and was made up of 16,000 participants.
The Crown: Music from the Coronation
Sunday, March 3, 2019
7:00 pm | Sanctuary
Celebrate the 66th anniversary of the coronation Queen Elizabeth II! The PRUMC Chancel Choir, Georgia Boy Choir, Orchestra, and Great Organ will perform highlights from this historic occasion.
Peachtree Road United Methodist Church
3180 Peachtree Road, NE | Atlanta, Georgia 30305
404.266.2373 | www.prumc.org