November 24, 2022
Dear Peachtree Road Family,
Happy Thanksgiving! I am writing you this Thursday morning to wish you a wonderful holiday and express my gratitude for your faithful support of the ministry of Peachtree Road. As was clearly evident last Sunday, we are abundantly blessed!
- We were blessed by the work of the Flower Guild – the arrangements of cornucopia on the altar and flowers in the narthex area were stunning!
- We were blessed by the spirit-lifting arrangement of “Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing” offered by the Chancel Choir and Doxology (accompanied by the Atlanta Brassworks)
- We were blessed by the delicious meal of turkey and dressing prepared by Chef Bob and the warm fellowship in Grace Hall following worship
- We were blessed by the Jingle Jam that took place later that afternoon, helping families prepare for the upcoming season
If you ask me how I am, I will respond, “I am grateful!”
I hope you are planning to join us for worship this Sunday as we begin the season of Advent. This is a season in which we prepare ourselves anew for the coming of Christ. Our theme for the season is “Deck the Halls!”
November 27, Luke 1:57-66, Deck the Hall with Hope
December 4, Luke 3:1-6, Deck the Halls with Peace
December 11, Luke 1:39-55, Deck the Halls with Joy
December 18, Matthew 1:18-25, Deck the Halls with Love
This Sunday we begin this season of preparation by remembering that it’s never too late. Regardless of what others may say, God is at work and it’s never too late! That’s a lesson we’ll explore together as we reflect upon the life of Zechariah and Elizabeth. Please join us for worship this Sunday at 8:45 am, 10:00 am, or 11:15 am or online through the church website at prumc.org.
Also, make your plans to join us for our special services during this season:
- Great Tree Lighting – Sunday, November 27, at 5:30 pm in the sanctuary. The children’s choirs will help us begin the season with a festive service that is the best way to begin the season with your church family.
- Carols by Candlelight – Sunday, December 4, at 5:30 pm in the sanctuary. You are invited to join us as the Carols by Candlelight Singers, Doxology Youth Choir and Peachtree Carillon lead us in a service of lessons and very familiar carols. The service closes with the lighting of candles as a symbol of our hope that “light shines in the darkness and the darkness does not overcome it.”
- Many Moods of Christmas – Sunday, December 11, at 7:00 pm in the sanctuary. Tickets for this classic Christmas concert featuring music from Handel’s Messiah and other traditional songs are now available. Tickets are complimentary but may run out, so reserve your seat today – online at prumc.org/music, at the Dogwood Shop, or in the church office.
- Christmas with the Georgia Boy Choir – Friday, December 16, and Saturday, December 17, at 7:00 pm in the sanctuary. Come hear all five levels of the Georgia Boy Choir, our ensemble in residence, as they perform sacred classics, traditional Christmas carols, and all your holiday favorites. You may purchase your tickets here.
Finally, let me offer a quick word about year-end giving. You have been most generous this year in your giving and, entering the last month of the year, we remain on track with our budget. Please help us finish the year strong. With inflation at a 40-year high, you can imagine what the economy has done to our budgeted spending. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. If you have questions regarding making a contribution to Peachtree Road UMC, please contact Roger Laney in the business office: (404) 266-2373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your faith, hope, and love. I look forward to seeing you Sunday as we begin preparing anew for the coming of Christ.
Grace and peace,